Continued Airworthiness Management Organisation Approvals
All owners/operators of Bermuda registered aircraft above 2,700 kg MTOM must have arrangements for continued airworthiness management, either by holding an approval or by contracting an organisation that holds such an approval. Any organisation seeking to manage the airworthiness of Bermuda registered aircraft must be approved in accordance with OTAR Part 39.
OTAR Part 39 has three approval options:
- Subpart E Option 1: Acceptance of an approval granted by EASA under Part M Subpart G.
- Subpart E Option 2: Direct approval by the BCAA of an organisation that does not hold an approval granted by EASA under Part M Subpart G.
- OTAR 39 Subpart F: Organisations responsible for airworthiness management of Bermuda registered aircraft operating under an ICAO Article 83 bis agreement with another State must be authorised in accordance with OTAR 39 Subpart F.
Note: By reference to OTAR 39.1(e), the approval options are not at the discretion of the applicant.
- OTAR Part 39 – Continued Airworthiness Requirements
- OTAC 39-2 – Continued Airworthiness Management Approval & Approval of the Maintenance Control Manual
- OTAC 39-3 – Continued Airworthiness Management under an Article 83bis Agreement - OTAR Part 39 Subpart F
Applying for Approval
CAMO Application – AW-281 form can be found under the “Signatories” tab on the left. Once you have completed the application and attached any supporting documentation, click the “submit” button at the top left of the form to submit electronically.
Once the application is submitted, a representative from the BCAA Airworthiness section will email the applicant one to five business days later to provide an update on the status of the application as well as information on the approval process.
To pay the applicable fees, an applicant must request an invoice from the BCAA Finance Department. Visit the Fee Payment section for more information and to find the related forms.
APPROVAL FOR A SINGLE EVENT
One-Time approval may be granted for a defined period and limited work scope, where this is judged to be appropriate to the circumstance, proportionate and in the interests of aviation safety. Applications for a One-Time Approval may be presented, for BCAA consideration, on Form AW 203(OTA).
OTAR 39 Subpart E (Option 1) Applications:
- Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition (CAME)
- Copy of EASA Part M Subpart G Approval Certificate
- Bermuda CAME Supplement
OTAR 39 Subpart E (Option 2) and Subpart F Applications:
- Maintenance Control Manual (MCM)
- CAMO MCM Checklist – AW-282