Aircraft Maintenance Organisation Approvals
Any organisation seeking to maintain a Bermuda registered aircraft must be approved in accordance with OTAR Part 145. There are two approval options under OTAR 145:
Option 2: Direct BCAA approval of an organisation that does not hold any maintenance approvals granted by the FAA, EASA or Transport Canada.
Note: By reference to OTAR 145.1(b), these approval options are not at the discretion of the applicant.
- OTAR Part 145 – Aircraft Maintenance Organisation Approval
- OTAR Part 43 – General Maintenance Requirements
- OTAC 145-10 – Maintenance Organisation Approval & Approval of the MOE
Applying for Approval
The application forms for an initial Bermuda AMO approval (Form AW-203(i)) and renewal (Form AW-203(r)) should be submitted electronically through the BCAA AIRS system.
The forms can be found under the "Maintenance" tab on the left. After you have completed the application and attached any required supporting documentation, click the “submit” button at the top left of the form to submit electronically.
Once the application is submitted, a representative from the BCAA Airworthiness section will contact the applicant by email to advise of the application status and provide information on the approval process.
The related fees and charges will be invoiced to the applicant, upon completion of the approval process.
APPROVAL FOR A SINGLE EVENT
One-Time approval may be granted for a defined period and limited work scope, where this is judged to be appropriate to the circumstance, proportionate and in the interests of aviation safety. Applications for a One-Time Approval may be presented, for BCAA consideration, on Form AW 203(OTA).
Option 1 Applications:
- An aircraft MOE approved by the FAA, EASA or Transport Canada
- A copy of the valid FAA, EASA or Transport Canada Approval Certificate
- BCAA Exposition Supplement (based on the BCAA Supplement Template)
Option 2 Applications:
- An aircraft MOE
- Completed OTAC 145-10 Appendix B (MOE Compliance Checklist)
- OTAC 145-10