Aircraft Maintenance Organisation Approvals
Any organisation seeking to maintain a Bermuda registered aircraft must be approved in accordance with OTAR Part 145. There are two approval options under OTAR 145:
Option 2: Direct approval by the BCAA of an organisation that does not hold any maintenance approvals granted by the FAA, EASA or Transport Canada.
- OTAR Part 145 - Aircraft Maintenance Organisation Approval
- OTAR Part 43 - General Maintenance Requirements
- OTAC 145-10 - Maintenance Organisation Approval & Approval of the MOE
Applying for Approval
The application forms for an initial Bermuda Aircraft Maintenance Organisation (AMO) approval (Form AW-203(i)) and renewal (Form AW-203(r)), should be submitted electronically using the link provided below. Once you click on the link the forms can be found by clicking the "Maintenance" tab on the left. Once you have completed the application and attached any supporting documentation, click on the 'submit' button at the top left of the application to submit electronically.
Once the application is submitted, a representative from the BCAA airworthiness section will contact the applicant by email 1-5 business days later to notify of the application status, and provide information on the approval process.
Applications can be made here.
In order to pay the applicable fees, an applicant must request an invoice by sending an invoice request directly to the BCAA finance department. Visit the Fee Payment page for more information and to find the related forms.
Option 1 Applications:
- An aircraft Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE) approved by the FAA, EASA or Transport Canada
- A copy of the FAA, EASA or Transport Canada approval certificate
- BCAA Exposition Supplement (based on the BCAA Supplement Template)
Option 2 Applications:
- An aircraft Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE)
- Completed OTAC 145-10 Appendix B (MOE Compliance Checklist)
- OTAC 145-10