Air Traffic Control Licencing
Application for an Air Traffic Controller or Student Air Traffic Controller Licence or Rating
The issue of an Air Traffic Controller or Student Air Traffic Controller licence or rating is in accordance with the provisions of the Air Navigation (Overseas Territories) Order, for the time being in force, and with the standard set out in paragraph 4.4. of Annex 1 (Personnel Licencing) to the Convention on International Civil Aviation and is effected by the Bermuda Civil Aviation Authority for the purpose of operating Air Traffic Control services at the L.F. Wade International Airport.
Initial Application Requirements:
- Copy of completed BCAA Examination
- Copy of completed Local Knowledge Examination
- Copy of foreign Air Traffic Controller’s Licence or results from BCAA approved training institute.
- Application form Medical Certificate of Validation (ATC 03) and associated documents (class II FAA and on initial application verification of certificate details from the State of issue)
- Two (2) passport sized photographs.
RIGHT OF APPEAL
If an applicant is of the opinion that a rejection of his/her application for a licence or licence validation is unwarranted, he/she may register an appeal against the decision in accordance with Articles 13 and/or 193 of the Air Navigation (Overseas Territories) Order 2013.